The Old House 18, New Market Street is a jettied and half timbered house probably built before 1550.
There are three sections, probably of different dates. The rear has a gable chimney incorporating a spiral fireplace stairs and a roof possibly with cruck beams. The side wall, now the entrance passageway, may be timber framed. The front is half timbered with a lower wall of stone. The four light mullioned window could be 1600-25 and may be a replacement for a diamond mulllion window. Part of the north section of the building was probably an added parlour in the 18th or 19th C. There is some very fine woodwork including a rounded, bar-stopped main beam.
Source:- G Mein in “Usk Castle, Priory and Town” Editors:- J K Knight and A Johnson (Logaston Press, 2008)